SEO for mobile, or just Mobile SEO, gathers the best practices, strategies, configurations, methodologies and tools used by developers, webmasters and marketing professionals to guarantee indexing and improve the ranking of websites in searches performed on mobile devices. Today, most searches are done via mobile, so it is essential to be aware of the good SEO practices related to this.
Contrary to what many people think, having a responsive website is not enough, although this is also one of the factors analyzed in a mobile marketing strategy. The term “responsiveness” refers only to the automatic adaptation of a website’s layout in different screen formats. However, there are several other criteria that need to be taken into account in mobile navigation, such as:
- Speed: time to load the content and elements of the pages;
- Page size: data consumption on limited internet plans;
- Fidelity: similarity to the desktop version in terms of features and content;
- UX (User Experience): visualization, navigation, agility and others;
- Usage pattern: frequent accesses, but in short periods of time.
Why is SEO Mobile Important?
Basically, because smartphones have become essential parts in people’s daily lives, as well as the main window of opportunity for companies to advertise and, mainly, build a relationship with their audience.
How To Begin Mobile SEO?
Before you start making adjustments to pages and codes, it is important to perform a basic check on the files, software and services used on your website. These are the pillars of your SEO strategy and, therefore, cannot be neglected. If you have questions about how to do this, contact professionals who can help you on this journey – like us, for example.
Below you can see a checklist with the main factors capable of directly influence the speed, performance, stability and even the ranking of your site in searches:
- Hosting service: make sure that the supplier has a good reputation in the market and the contracted plan meets all the needs of your website;
- Content manager: give preference to platforms or robust software that are already consolidated in the market, such as WordPress;
- SSL certificate: Google understands that HTTPS addresses are used on secure mobile sites and, therefore, gives priority to them in the search ranking;
- Image optimization: remove non-essential files, compress images, configure descriptions and give preference to lighter file formats;
- Tags for mobile: ensure the insertion of special HTML tags such as the “viewport”.
SEO Mobile – What can I do?
Yes, a number of measures and changes may be necessary to make a website attractive to visitors via mobile. For these cases, if you do not have the appropriate technical knowledge, it is very important to have the help of a professional. However, there are some important points that may fall under your responsibility.
One is to insert your company and website in Google My Business tools, especially in the case of local businesses. Registration is simple and it makes your company more quickly found by those looking for what you have to offer.
Another point is to bet on SEO content focused on voice searches. That is: prefer long-tail keywords and interrogative ones (“where to find dentists in the Vancouver area?”). Basically, the content on your website needs to be the answer to questions from your potential customers.
And if you want to better your content strategy, be sure to talk to us – and, of course, stay tuned. We will present other SEO strategy tips soon.