Do you consider yourself an SEO professional? Are you the owner of a business and are you interested in this type of marketing? If you’re interested in Search Engine Optimization, you can not wait while competitors pass you by. You need to be proactive, implementing the best tools, tracking your progress, and keeping up to date on changes in search engines.
One way to do this is to use the free tools that Google itself develops for SEO professionals. All of them are easy to use and access, and a lot of people do not know them – this means that in this post we will not talk about popular tools like Google Analytics, for example. If you’re already familiar with it, it might be time to move on to other options, such as:
- Google Mobile-Friendly test. Today, many of the Google searches are done via mobile. It is very important that your site is responsive and has good navigability on mobile devices, tablets, smartphone. That’s why Google provides a tool called Google Mobile-Friendly Test, which will analyze your site and indicate what should be done to improve navigability.
- Google Search Console. This is a very powerful tool that can help you evaluate a site’s traffic and search performance, as well as point and fix issues. Using the console, you understand if Google is mapping your website correctly. It also offers some interesting metrics for those who work with SEO, such as specific keyword performance, besides indicating which terms bring more online traffic, revealing which sites are leading to yours and indicating small bugs such as broken links.
- Google My Business. If you have a local business and want to generate online business, you need to implement an effective strategy focused on search engine optimization. And that’s what Google My Business is for (it’s through the registration in this tool that your company will appear on the right side of the page, in the area reserved for it when a related search is made). By registering your company there, you can show information of your company to whom you are seeking, such as opening hours, address, telephone and website. Add photos to the register and collect positive ratings.
- Google PageSpeed Insights. Having a fast website is important. Therefore, the speed with which the content of your site is uploaded will impact search rankings and how users interact with your site. This tool can tell you how to make your page faster.
- Google Trends. This is a powerful tool that can help you create content (a page, a blog post, a video) about topics that are popular right now. You can also search for subjects or keywords that can help you generate traffic to your site.